Press (Media) Kit
Niel Malhotra is a programmer, content marketer, and founder of Growista, a content marketing firm creating content that stands above the crowd.
As a programmer, Niel has helped clients such as NBC and Bloomberg create web applications that can handle large amounts of data. As a content marketer, he has worked with startups to create data studies that get mentioned in the press. Niel’s innovative approach to content marketing is derived from marrying these two skill sets together.
At Growista, Niel specializes in using software development to analyze large datasets (from public data to internal business data) to produce original articles. These kinds of content attract more shares, traffic, backlinks, and customers by wowing and helping users.
Niel’s work at Growista has been featured in Forbes, Content Marketing Institute, MarketingProfs, and more.
Contact Niel Malhotra, founder:
Reasons for Contacting Growista:
– Request an interview (print, tv, radio, podcast, blog)
– Request to quote Niel Malhotra or the website
– Request a speaking appearance
– Request access to the Growista content creation process to do a review
I turn large amounts of data into original research content that gets traffic, backlinks, and shares. This process works for all types of companies, from startups to large companies to agencies.
500 Word Bio:
While studying computer science at NYU, Niel Malhotra started a startup that helped construction companies track their employees’ hours. He managed to raise a small amount of money from investors, but the whole thing collapsed because he didn’t know how to market and sell what he created.
After graduating, Niel joined a startup called Handybook (now Handy) as employee #6. Within a year, the company grew to 60 people. He learned a lot about what it takes to grow and scale a company in the chaotic world of venture-funded startups. After learning a lot, he decided to try consulting. As a consultant, Niel has worked with companies of many sizes, including the 19,000 employee behemoth Bloomberg.
Even though he enjoyed programming, Niel also enjoyed marketing, entrepreneurship, and watching companies grow. He was wondering how to marry his interests in all of these when he saw some of the biggest marketing influencers analyze large amounts of data and use it to create content that received tremendous amounts of shares, backlinks, and traffic. Niel realized that he could create this type of content, and since he could do everything (programming, writing, and marketing) himself, he could do it quicker than if someone outsources the various parts. He made his first article about analyzing infographics and the response showed him that he was onto something big. A journalist from Marketing Profs wrote about it despite it being on a blog with absolutely no traffic, backlinks, or credibility. The article continues to receive backlinks and traffic to this day.
Now, Niel runs his own company, Growista. He writes data-driven articles on the Growista blog and offers this style of content creation as a service. His service is appropriate for companies in any niche, including agencies. Humans love data. A good chart can deliver a lot of information much quicker than just plain text. Niel has learned that data, when presented correctly, can be turned into extraordinary content.
100 Word Bio:
After starting a startup and working for various companies as a software developer, Niel Malhotra decided to combine his interest in marketing with his programming skill. He has now learned how to turn large amounts of data into extraordinary content that gets traffic, backlinks, and shares. He used this style of content to get traffic to the brand new Growista site. Through his company Growista, Niel Malhotra writes articles using this process and provides this style of content creation to various clients, including agencies. It’s become clear to him that data-driven content can deliver superior results.
Single Sentence Bio:
Niel Malhotra, through his company Growista, turns data into original research content that gets traffic, backlinks, and shares.
- Niel Malhotra graduated from NYU in Computer Science
- He previously was a consultant and even worked with the 19,000-employee giant Bloomberg
- He started Growista to help companies turn raw data into high-quality content that gets shares, traffic, and backlinks
- He analyzes large amounts of data and turns it into a unique article
- This content is difficult to duplicate and tends to stand out from other articles online
- Growista uses connections with influencers and journalists to gain traffic and subscribers
- Niel also writes data-driven articles on the Growista blog
- He now offers his style of content creation as a service, appropriate for companies in any niche
Suggested Interviewer Questions:
- Why does data-driven content perform better?
- Will data-driven content work for any industry?
- How can I get started creating data-driven content?
- What are the different elements of data-driven content?
- How does your experience in startups affect the way you market content?
- What kinds of data makes high-quality content?
- What is the most important element in getting traffic to your content?
- How do your skills as a software developer help you analyze data?
Photos and Logos:
As Featured In: